Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Dinner and Trailers.

Last night, James, Murda, Cathy, Melissa, and myself went out for Thai food in Forest Hills. This was my first time eating Thai food AND my first time to Forest Hills. Loved them both. So much, that today I looked up houses there and, get this, THEY ARE QUASI-AFFORDABLE. Like, James and I could maybe someday buy something there. And by something, I mean a condo, not a house. Anyway, dinner was lovely. With the exception of something that has been plaguing me for years now. It seems that whenever I am out to dinner with more than one other person, my dinner either comes out 5-10 minutes later than the rest OR is completely forgotten about. I would say this happens 75% of the time. For example, last night, there were 5 of us. The order consisted of 3 appetizers, 5 entrees, 1 bottle of wine, 1 soda, and water. Simple, right? I even ordered first. We even saw the waitress write the order down. But no. My Drunken Noodles were forgotten about. Now, since this has been happening to me for about 10 years now, I have come accustomed to it. It doesn't even bother me that much anymore. But it makes the rest of the people at your table feel awkward and, in most cases, makes the waiter/waitress feel bad too (which they should, but I still feel badly.) Why does this happen to me all the time?! I can't remember the last time I went somewhere and it was someone else's meal that was forgotten. So bizarre. The only bonus was we got a free dessert. Which is always nice.

Today, on my daily lunch hour walk, I had my first quasi-celebrity sighting. Ok, not really, but I saw some trailers on 7th Ave that had names on them (Cora and Chris). There was no filming anywhere to be seen, but I was still excited. So of course I will go stalk some more tomorrow. Although I imdb-ed the name Cora and nothing exciting or relevant came up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home