Tuesday, September 19, 2006

A conversation with my mother...

[To preface the story, last week my mom told me that James dresses like a teenager. Every time I talk to her, she tells me how he needs to buy a new suit. And whenever she sees a black man on TV who looks nice, she tells me that James needs to buy whatever black man was wearing.]

Mom: "So, what did James buy when you went shopping this weekend?"
Me: "A winter hat and a casual jacket."
Mom: "Hmmmm... what kind of jacket?"
Me: "I don't know, its gray and striped and has some pink in it."
Mom: "Well, who would wear it, Kanye West or Snoop Dogg?"

[Clearly, mom my is hip.]

[Another preface: my mom always yells at me for not watching the same TV shows as her.]

Mom: "Now, I need you to watch 2 shows tonight, Studio 60 [which was awesome] and this other new show that starts at 8."
Me: "What's it called?"
Mom: "Hmmm, I don't know but its about this girl who goes to a high school reunion and sees her prom date that ended up being gay and it really messed her up in the head and then you see her husband and he's really REALLY gay and I think that you will really like it so you need to watch it."

Awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home