Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Rest in peace, my friend.

An old friend passed away this weekend. Words cannot describe how terrible I feel. Even though its been years since we've talked, I feel so unbelievable sad. And mad. At 25, I should not be losing friends. With all the awful, hurtful people in this world, why do amazingly awesome people have to die? I don't know what to do with myself. I just want to run out of my office screaming but I have to put on this fake happy face and pretend everything is fine.

I cannot imagine what his family is going through right now. Matt was in the Peace Corps working in Africa, where he had been for the past 3 years. I cannot remember the last time we spoke, probably at some point in college. I have lost touch with so many old friends from high school and it saddens me. Even though we have all changed and grown apart, we had so many good times together.

I keep almost crying. I hate being emotional at work. I want to leave and never come back. I want to go town to town and go hug all of my friends. Nothing is easy anymore. Nothing is simple.

You will be missed <3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home