Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Apparently, I’m a Barbie girl.

Long weekend recap time!

Friday:
Got out of work early (woohoo) and then James and I walked 900 miles to find a new restaurant for dinner. We both sucked at life and were indecisive and cranky (ok, I was cranky) so we ended up at the quasi-gross pizza place. We then got wine and watched Desperation (kind of lame) in the sweltering heat of our apartment.

Saturday:
Went to Murda’s house and did laundry for days. Got obnoxiously sunburnt in about 45 minutes, which was totally awesome. We then proceeded to Will and Kristen’s. The night was filled with watching boys play poker and some stupid ultimate fighting crap. The fun level here was super high, let me tell you.

Sunday:
We ventured to the Queens mall for the first time. We both sucked at life (again) and didn’t buy anything. I then got ditched by James for Atlantic City. Awesome. So in protest, I ate ice cream and watched Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. And played lots of Kingdom Hearts 2. Obviously my coolness was just oozing out of me at this point.

Monday:
James got home at 7:45 in the morning. He slept for about 30 seconds and then we went to the park so him and Murda could pretend they were young and in shape and good at basketball. I read magazines in the shade (highlight of the weekend). Then we went to Murda’s house and ate and complained about how hot it was.

So on Sunday, while we were walking down our street from the subway, we passed a group of Spanish girls sitting on their stoop. They were probably 15-17. When we walked by, one of them starting singing “I’m a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world!” At first, I’m like, no, they were not just making fun of me! But then James said, I think you just got made fun of! I am the most un-Barbie Girl ever. Seriously. Barbie was tall. And tan. And skinny. I am none of these. I was highly insulted. Don’t these children know they must respect their elders!? God. I am still insulted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home