Friday, August 04, 2006

Our pet's heads are falling off!

Sorry for the lack of proper updates, the heat has rendered me completely useless this week.

I am anti-paragraphs and complete thoughts today, so bear with me.

I realized today that the leaves are starting to fall off the trees in Madison Square Park. Maybe they're all dead from the heat. Or maybe it's almost fall. Irregardless, it bothered me.

I spent an obnoxious amount of money online today on makeup. Like $150 worth of obnoxiousness. It should be illegal to buy things online while bored at work. But DAMN, am I ever going to look fabulous when it all arrives!

I am going to CT tonight for a wedding. I am very excited.

I now only have 1 friend left who is in a serious relationship who isn't engaged or married. Craziness, I tell you, when did we get so OLD?!

I've been going to the gym for 2 weeks now and have muscles! Which will all be lost this weekend when I gorge out on wedding food and drinks. And Dairy Queen. This damn city really needs some Dairy Queens.

I have a new found hatred for wedding registries. I mean, I understand that 50 years ago, it made sense to register for pots and pans and cookie sheets and peelers and spatulas. But COME ON NOW, you aren't 18 and just moved out of your house. I would assume most people, at the age of 25, own enough kitchen tools to survive. When I get married (which of course, at this rate, will be in the year 2324) I am registering for a new laptop, a digital camera, and clothes. And makeup, lots of makeup. And expensive shoes. I mean, if someone wants a $250 set of freaking pots and pans, I can want a $300 Coach bag, right? I just don't get it. The last thing ON EARTH I want someone to buy me is anything related to the kitchen. My IKEA cutlery and plates (which have been in our friend's basement since March) is just fine with me for all eternity.

On an unrelated note, since my life has been kind of boring and not blog worthy lately, I've decided to start writing about fun things that happened in college (can you say "trying to relive my youth"). I'm hoping other people would be interested in it, if not, at least I have some form of record of it before I get too old and can't remember it anymore.

As a preview, here are a few things you all can look forward to in the coming weeks:
"The Day I Almost Got Arrested"
"The Day Our Apartment Got Broken Into"
"The Day of the Booze Cruise in the Bahamas"
and finally
"The Day I Cut My Butt"

Peace out homies, stay cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home