Friday, July 07, 2006

Luxury and Ugliness

In a few short hours, the BF and I will be packing up the Beemer (its for sale, wanna buy it?!) and heading out to the fabulous suburbs for the weekend. I am beyond excited. A whole weekend of central air conditioning! And a pool! And trees! And cheap movie theaters! And mini golf! And, most importantly, A BIG HOUSE WITHOUT ANY PARENTS! I feel like a teenager. I should throw a kegger. And invite all 4 people I know in Connecticut.

Last night, we went to the Bohemian Beer Garden in Astoria for a little Thursday night fun. Now, I realize that Queens is not a haven of pretty people, but OMFG it was like an ugly convention. I was CLEARLY the prettiest girl there, which in my current state, is not saying much for the rest of the ladies there. It was insane, I felt like I was back in DC, or even worse, back upstate, with the amount of overweight and/or just plain BEAT looking people. It didn't help that their "garden" feels like a frat party/county fair, with picnic tables and big tents. Perhaps only the pretty people go there on the weekends?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home