Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Ya want them pretty things, I'm the one ya need to ask!

Last night, we piled into the monster truck and went off to the gym like the good little worker outers we have become. Since the towing incident of last week, we had to park on the street with the rest of the pions of Astoria. So we roll up to the gym and guess what! THE GYM IS NO MORE. That's right, the ghettoness that was Gold's Gym of Astoria is closed the F down. Apparently they lost their lease (overnight?). According to the sign on the door, our memberships would be honored at the Gold's in Woodside. So we pile back into the monster truck and head over to that one. Of course I start complaining on how this gym is going to be even more ghetto since the building looks super gross on the outside and its much farther away, blah blah blah. We get there and get this... IT HAS AIR CONDITIONING! No more sweaty, smelly, leaky, mildew smelling shit hole! This gym is an actual REAL gym! Lots of machines, music, a nice cold temperature, and they actually sell things, like bottled water! And they even have classes (not that I would ever go, I hate classes, but still). So even though its more out of the way and we can't walk to this one (not that we ever walked to the old gym, but we could if we wanted to) I think we will like it more. And I wasn't the only girl there, which is always a bonus.

Also, why didn't anyone ever tell me about this?! Dear God that is the greatest website EVER!!!!!!!!!

I've decided I need to become more financially responsible/independent. This may or may not include getting a new/second job and/or moving somewhere cheaper (not likely). So I've decided that I want to be out of creit card debt by 12/31/06 and have $10,000 saved by 12/31/07. If James and I both can manage this, we may be able to buy a house/condo/co-op/parking space in 2008! Woohoo!

Of course, this means no vacations, no expensive jeans when I finally lose my fatness, and no more online shopping when I am bored.

OMG that sounds like the most boring life ever, I may need to rethink this plan...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home