Thursday, June 15, 2006

Heading back up to the mothership

So this evening after work, I will be boarding a train for the lovely ALB. (Ok, lovely is def not the word of choice but I'm trying to be positive today) Tomorrow and Saturday will be my 29th and 30th Dave Matthews Band concerts. It all started in August of 1999, the first show at the Meadows. Since then, I have seem them 9 times at the Meadows in Hartford, 13 times at SPAC in Saratoga, and 3 times at MSG. And we cannot forget the greatest show of all time, CENTRAL PARK (this is clearly the best because I make my DVD debut, sitting on Marc's shoulders waving like a madwoman). Anyway, every year I have the same doubts: am I too old for this? Are they going to suck this year? Is there going to be so much drama before the show that I will not be able to enjoy myself? I really hope this weekend goes off smoothly. The weather looks like it will be amazing, unlike last year's monsoon. I have my cute outfits ready to go, and my liver ready for some heavy binge drinking. I just want to sit in the park, in the shade by the river, eating, drinking, and enjoying the outside-ness. I want no drama, no yelling, no fighting. Will I get my wish? I sure hope so!

Next weekend I will be attending my first bachelorette party. I am beyond excited for this. My friend Karen who I have known since third grade is getting married. It still baffles me that my friends are getting married. Seriously, I still feel like a dumb 19 year old. How is it that my friends are old enough to be MARRIED?!? OLD PEOPLE GET MARRIED. I mean, Karen was on my softball team way back in Norton School. And in a few weeks she will be a Mrs.

WHEN DID WE GET SO OLD?!?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home