Friday, June 30, 2006

I've been a negligent mother.

I know, I suck lately. But in my defense, I've been very anti-everything the past few days so I didn't want to publicly display my negativity.

So, to update:

  • The bachelorette party was a smashing success. It was really fun AND cheap! Who said Hartford is lame! But I was pretty shocked that the bar closed at 2 AND there were no cabs waiting outside the bar.
  • I have started to hate our neighborhood/apartment/everything. A lot.
  • This happened about 2 inches from our house, next to our Stop and Shop. Hot. As far as I know, they still haven't caught the people who did it.
  • My parents and brother are in Italy for 10 days. I wasn't invited.
  • Something terribly awful happened to one my dear friends. It's very sad and I hate feeling absolutely useless.
  • I am officially broke. Like literally, no money at all. I am obviously too poor for this NYC lifestyle.
  • After 18 years of complaining about how much I hate Connecticut and declaring my love for city life, I have decided that after 3 months here, I want to move to the suburbs. In Connecticut. And have a backyard and a driveway and patio furniture. I am such a hypocrite.
  • I have to work on Monday and I am beyond angry about it. But I can wear jeans to the office. And I am getting out at 3. And I'm getting out at 4:30 today. But I'm still mad.
  • James won't go to Italy with me next May. We could stay for 14 days, at 2 of the nicest hotels in all of Europe, for about $2000. And he won't go. He sucks. A LOT. If all of the miles and points weren't in his name, I would go without him.
  • My friend Karen's wedding cruise leaves on Sunday. I am so regretting not going.
  • A little teeny, tiny part of me misses Maryland.
So while in CT last weekend at the party, I was asked the following questions about a bajillion times:
  • When are you getting engaged?
  • Why aren't you engaged yet!
  • When's the big day?
  • Wait, how long have you guys been together?
  • What's wrong with James, why hasn't he proposed yet?
People, DO NOT ASK ME THESE QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Honestly, I think I would be less offended if someone asked me how much I weighed. Obviously the answers to these questions are not happy, cute answers, SO WHY ASK THEM. I swear, after saying "oh we don't have the money" blah blah blah 4035423 times, I almost said "WE AREN'T ENGAGED BECAUSE MY BOYFRIEND DOESN'T WANT TO MARRY ME!" I would have loved to see someone's reaction to that. I know no one asks these questions in a vicious manner, but GOD. I hate it. HATE IT.

And this is why I was staying away from the blog.

Happy freakin' 4th of July people. I need a beer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home